In My Back Yard
The view out the back door
A (Low) Tech Perspective

Haikus

Several Haikus. I've been playing with this form, and currently am really drawn to it. I like the constraint, in fact, and the rules I guess. The first two are counted by syllable; 5, 7, 5. The last four are not so rigid though: I did not want to count by syllable, and so I counted by a softer measure, beats, or some other rhythmic measure that only exists in my mind.



Carefully laid bricks
Will never stop the grass, small
Blades unsheathed in praise


Stratification
Mother, daughter, father, son
Mounds of laundry grow




Devices by our coffee
Occasionally we look up to see. What?
Computers everywhere, and envy


Outside, bright autumn sun
Coffee and crusty bread, cold meat
Pause. Just long enough


Bright sun, beautiful day
Many pretty things to see
My screen bright enough?


Gauzy mat (square) of cloud
High above yellow-green leaves
Scattered sun, hot, cold


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 




Copyright, Davo, 2005 through today